So many ways we can help you layout out your perfect room
Space planning is an immensely important first step in the process when designing a room. It is one of my favorite parts of the process, as this is where we can make huge improvements to the way a space functions for you, allowing it to complement and foster the way you live!
With this service, our founder and principal designer, Andrea Durcik, creates a floor plan for your space that optimizes the use of your room(s) while maintaining a good flow, and meeting your functional needs. This provides you with a map for how to layout your room, along with all the dimensions of the pieces you will need to look for to create a space that feels inviting, and that suits exactly how you live. Having a layout helps you become a smart and efficient shopper as you know the exact sizes of the pieces you need to look for, preventing costly mistakes and endless hours of searching.
Andrea will work with your existing furniture and/or provide recommendations for approximate sizes of additional pieces to complete the space. Or if you have an empty room or are re-designing and need all new pieces of furniture for the room(s) Andrea will provide recommendations for approximate sizes for all the pieces in the room(s).
Once we receive all the information about your room, Andrea will begin creating your perfect space plan.
- A digital space plan showing all viable furniture layout options for the room, along with the room dimensions.
- Recommended dimensions for all new furniture pieces.
- Written presentation to accompany the visual space plan.
What's Not Included:
- Design and style direction.
- Recommendations for specific pieces of furniture and decor.
- If you’re looking for assistance with one or both of these aspects please see our Full Room Virtual Design offering.
With this Service we can:
- Rearrange your existing furniture.
- Already have a piece or two for the room(s) and aren’t sure what else to add in order to complete the room(s). We’ll figure out what kinds of additional pieces should be added and provide you with the measurements for those new pieces.
- Are you re-designing an entire room(s) where you need all new pieces of furniture, but you have not purchased any of the new furniture yet? We’ll figure out what pieces of furniture you will need to create the best layout for the space and provide you with measurements for all of the pieces of furniture in the room.
- Already have the furniture you need but are not sure if they fit together properly in your space? We’ll help you figure this out!
- Have some pieces of furniture already selected for purchase but want some professional advice before you pull the trigger on purchasing? We’ll let you know if everything you’ve selected spatially fits together well, or if some tweaks need to be made. If some changes need to be made we will detail for you what needs to change, why, and what the sizes should be for the pieces we recommend changing.
Our Proven Process
Tell Us About Your Room(s)
Complete our Project Questionnaire detailing what challenges you are facing with your current room layout and what is working well/you like. Let us know if you already own pieces of furniture that you would like incorporated into the new layout, or if you are looking to purchase all new furniture for the room(s).
Welcome & Payment
After reviewing your information we will send you a Welcome Email within 5 business days that will include a hand sketch of your room along with our Measuring Guide, and a link to pay for your Space Planning package. We’ll soon be configuring the perfect layout for you and your space!
Once your furniture layouts are ready they will be shared with you via email. We will present all viable options for your room(s), so if there are multiple layouts that can work well in your space, all options will be presented to you to choose between. The turnaround time is typically 1-2 weeks.
How to Get Started
Complete our project questionnaire and submit photos of your room(s). You will then receive a Welcome Email within 5 business days, and will be well on your way to a new room layout that works seamlessly with the way you live!