We want to help you create a home that fits your unique space and needs perfectly! Our Simply Design service is an easy, straightforward, and quick turnaround process where we create a custom design plan made exclusively for you, and empower you to easily implement that plan yourself. Our seamless and proven method is accessible to you from anywhere, and takes all the guesswork out of the transformation of your home. It allows you to implement the design at your own pace, shop as your budget allows, have confidence in the pieces you invest in, and enjoy the experience of putting the room together with a clear plan. You'll work exclusively with our founder and principal designer, Andrea Durcik, in an efficient step by step process that provides you with a professionally and thoughtfully planned home.
- 20 Minute Complimentary Discovery Call - Book your discovery call to get started.
- Room Measuring Guide - Follow our step by step instructions to measure your room so that we can provide you with furniture selections that will fit your space.
- Concept Moodboard - A moodboard and initial furniture selections to help us get aligned with our visions for your space so we can ensure we provide a final design plan you love! This will be presented & reviewed during our Project Launch Call.
- Up to 2 Hour Project Launch Call Or In-Person Meeting With Andrea
- Conducted via Zoom or in your home so we can get perfectly aligned on your needs & desires for your space.
- Complete interior design plan for the items discussed during your session, to include:
- Furniture Floor Plan - A drawing of your room to scale with appropriately sized furniture perfectly placed, if applicable.
- Product Selection - Selection of furniture, finishes, décor, lighting, ready-made curtains/shades, and paint color recommendations as needed for the room.
- Design Board - A visual representation of all the furniture, décor & design elements we have selected for your room. This may include furniture, rugs, lighting, draperies, pillows, wall art, mirrors, and limited accessories.
- Shopping List - A list of all the items in your design board with exact specifications & direct links for purchase.
- Execution Guide - A guide walking you through how to purchase everything in the design board and how to install it all once it arrives ensuring your newly designed room turns out perfect!
- 30 minute Follow-Up Meeting with Andrea - Conducted via Zoom where Andrea will answer any outstanding questions and wrap everything up with you.
What's Not Included:
- Specific room styling accessories (e.g. bookshelf and tabletop décor)
- Selection or design of custom pieces (e.g. furniture, window treatments, artwork, etc.)
- 3D Renderings
- Revisions - we spend the time at the beginning of the process getting to really know you and your desires and preferences so that we are able to knock your design out of the park upon final delivery! However, we understand that sometimes there may be a piece that just does not resonate with you. If something does not light you up fully you can use the overall design and plan we've created for you to source a piece that better matches your desired preference.
If your project requires, or you desire, custom pieces, please see our Full Service Design offering.
Our Proven Process
Schedule your 20 minute complimentary Discovery Call, where we will discuss your project, investment priorities, and get to know each other better.
Following our call we will send you your design fee proposal, our service agreement and invoice. Within 2 business days of receiving your payment we will email you our welcome guide along with your design homework, which includes:
- Completing your design project questionnaire.
- Measuring your room(s) and any pieces you currently own and want to include in the design, using our Room Measuring Guide.
- Sending us inspiration images for your space(s).
Your email will also include a link to schedule your project launch meeting where you and Andrea will meet either in person via Zoom, depending on your location and preference.
You will meet with Andrea either in person or via Zoom on the scheduled day and time of your Project Launch Meeting. We will talk more in-depth about your project and completed in-take homework. Andrea will also present to you your design concept which includes:
- Moodboard - that depicts the overall feel and style direction for your design.
- Floor Plan - a to-scale floor plan of the room layout, including furniture placement and dimensions.
- 1-2 Initial Furniture Selections - these initial selections will help us get 100% aligned on the style and comfort elements that are most important to you for the focal piece(s) in the room.
Following this meeting it’s time for me to begin crafting your complete design with will be perfectly tailored to you!
Sit back and relax while I work hard on your design! I put great care and attention into each and every space I design, making sure that each design is a true reflection of my client.
This process takes one week. As soon as your design is ready, you'll receive the final design board with source list and designer recommendations for installation & placement of each item via email.
I’ll never leave you hanging! With a scheduled follow-up call one week after your final design package has been delivered, I will address any questions related to your design, purchases and/or execution so you’ll never have to worry about getting stuck. I want to ensure that you end up with a perfectly executed design.
Simply Design Is Perfect For You If:
- You’re not quite ready to jump into full-service design.
- You want your home to function well for you and bring you comfort & joy.
- You want access to exceptional design that is contact-free.
- You want to work one room at a time.
- You want to purchase at your own pace and be your own project manager.
- You have great taste, but need help when it comes to designing a cohesive room that reflects your style.
- You want someone to tell you exactly where to buy the items. You don’t mind doing the shopping as long as you know where to buy.
- You don't have access to outstanding interior design services in your area.
- You’ve always wanted to work with an interior designer, but full service design is out of your price range.
- You do not need to move walls, plumbing, or electrical.
- See our Full Service Design if these are items your project requires.
If any of this sounds like you let our Simply Design package take out all the guesswork for you and book your appointment now:
Simply Design Is NOT the Right Fit For You If:
- You are looking for custom design elements such as custom furniture, millwork, or lighting.
- We provide custom design under our Full Service Design.
- Your project includes remodeling, such as moving walls, plumbing or electrical.
- See our Full Service Design if these are items your project requires.
- You describe yourself as indecisive. We offer our best design plan for the presentation. It does not include a million options because we only recommend what’s best, to save you time and money, and to provide you with the most dynamic design possible.
- You’re a major bargain hunter. We always work within our client’s budgets, but we don’t spend hours on end searching for the cheapest items, because that simply doesn’t align with our philosophy. We look for the right option, not the cheapest.
- You do not like eclectic design that incorporates several design styles.
- You prefer a monochromatic color scheme.
- You are looking for a full service, turn key experience.
- See our Full Service Design as this is the experience you desire.
- You do not want to execute the purchasing and installation of your project yourself.
- See our Full Service Design if you want to have everything executed for you by EGI.
This package is perfect for living rooms, family rooms, great rooms, dining rooms, bedrooms (master, kids, or guest), nurseries, home offices and outdoor living spaces.
It can also be used to review architectural/construction plans, select finishes for kitchens and bathrooms, provide guidance on kitchen and/or bathroom layouts, and for consultations on any design roadblock you face!*
*In our Discovery Call we will discuss the details on how this service can be fashioned to fit these kinds of designs.
The number of pieces we can incorporate into your new design will depend upon what pieces those are, and what your style desires are for your new space. When you complete our design homework you will submit photos & measurements of any pieces you would like to have included in your new design, along with inspiration photos for your room(s). We will then discuss & determine with you which pieces we can incorporate.
The steps in our Simply Design process have been carefully developed to ensure project success. The inspiration images are an imperative part of ensuring that we are both on the same page with the design direction. We cannot begin your design until all of your design homework components have been submitted, which includes your inspiration images. Some great resources for starting your inspiration search are Pinterest, Houzz, Magazine/Blog/Article Clippings, Instagram.
When you complete our project questionnaire you let us know your target furnishing budget. These are only targets, not guarantees. They will help inform our selections. After you receive your complete design package, you can then implement all the items as specified, or substitute some items to meet your specific budget. You have complete control of when and what you purchase.
In your Welcome Email we also provide you with a budgeting guide to help you plan the level of furnishings investment you are most comfortable with.
We spend the time at the beginning of the process getting to really know you and your desires and preferences so that we are able to knock your design out of the park upon final delivery! However, we understand that sometimes there may be a piece that just does not resonate with you. If something does not light you up fully you can use the overall design and plan we've created for you to source a piece that better matches your desired preference.
You choose your own timeline, however we strongly recommend that you start purchasing and installing your project as soon as you receive your final design package. Furniture and finishes are subject to change quickly, therefore the availability of them may only be for a certain length of time. We wouldn't want you to lose out on the perfect piece you love because you may have waited too long to purchase and the item is no longer available. Also, fun bonus - the sooner you finish your beautiful new space, the sooner you have it to enjoy and love!
If custom or to-the-trade items fits your needs and budget then you will have the option to purchase products directly from East & Gray Interiors. All products that are to be purchased from a retail vendor will have product links shown on your shopping list in your final design package. You will purchase those items directly from that third-party vendor yourself.
Because this is a limited and quick turnaround service, we can typically design either one complete room, make recommendations to finish off a few rooms, make material selections for one or two spaces, or review your plans. The session itself is flexible, and we'll work to prioritize your spaces if you are looking for help with a few rooms, rather than one complete room.
Book a complimentary 20 minute Discovery Call with us and we will talk through what you are trying to achieve and your design goals, and then help you determine which one of our services will best suit your needs. We'll then take it from there guiding you seamlessly through every step of our proven design getting you to your desired results with clarity, confidence and ease.
We are delighted to work with clients all over the world. However, please keep in mind that we source from vendors and retailers who we know can deliver within the U.S. As a result, we unfortunately cannot guarantee that all products we source can be shipped internationally. For any products we source for your designs that can be delivered globally, the shipping costs may be higher, and there may be customs or foreign transaction fees associated with these purchases. So please make sure to keep all that in mind when budgeting for your project.