A unique design plan tailored just to you!
We want to help you create a home that’s as unique as you are. Our Simply Design Service empowers you to implement a custom design with ease - at your own pace, as your budget allows, and with confidence. You'll work exclusively with Owner and Principal Interior Designer, Andrea Durcik, through a process that gives you a beautiful and thoughtfully planned home.
In Our Simply Design Service:
- 20 Minute Complimentary Design Discovery Call - Book your design discovery call to get started.
- Room Measuring Guide - Follow our step-by-step instructions to measure your room so we can provide furniture selections that will fit your space.
- Concept Moodboard - A visual presentation that sets the design direction and shares initial furniture selections to help us get aligned with the vision for your space. This will be presented & reviewed during our Project Launch Call.
- Project Launch Call - Conducted via Zoom or in your home (if local) so we can share your moodboard and clearly identify your needs & desires for your space.
- Detailed Design Plan, to include:
- Furniture Floor Plan - A scaled drawing of your room with selected furniture perfectly placed (if applicable).
- Product Selection - Selection of sustainable furniture, finishes, décor, lighting, ready-made curtains/shades, and paint color recommendations for the room (as recommended).
- 2D Design Board - A visual representation of all the furniture, décor & design elements we have selected for your room. This may include furniture, rugs, lighting, draperies, pillows, wall art, mirrors, and limited accessories.
- Shopping List - A list of all the items presented in your design board with detailed specifications & direct clickable links for purchase.
- Design Support, to include:
- Execution Guide - A guide walking you through how to purchase and install the items in your design plan
- 60 Minute Follow-Up Session with Andrea - Conducted via Zoom where Andrea will answer any remaining questions and wrap up the project with you.
What's Not Included
In Our Simply Design Service:
- Specific room styling accessories (e.g. bookshelf and tabletop décor)
- Selection or design of custom pieces (e.g. furniture, window treatments, artwork, etc.)
- 3D Renderings
- Revisions - we spend time at the beginning getting to know you, your goals, and your preferences so we are able to knock your design out of the park upon final delivery. However, we understand that sometimes there may be a piece that does not resonate with you. If something doesn’t work for you, you can use the Detailed Design Plan we've created as a guide to source a piece that better suits your preferences.
Simply Design Process
Schedule your 20 minute complimentary Design Discovery Call, where we will discuss your project, budget, and get to know each other better.
Following our call, we’ll send your service agreement and invoice for our design fee. Once we receive your payment, you’ll receive your Welcome Guide along with your Design Homework. Design Homework includes:
- Completing your design project questionnaire
- Measuring your room(s) and any existing pieces you want to include in the design, using our Room Measuring Guide
- Sending us inspiration images for your space(s)
- Sending us photos of the space we will be designing
Your Welcome Email will also include a link to schedule your Project Launch Meeting where you and Andrea will meet in person or via Zoom, depending on your location and preference.
You will meet with Andrea in person or via Zoom on the scheduled day and time of your Project Launch Meeting. We will talk in depth about your project and completed design homework. Andrea will also present your design concept which includes:
- Moodboard - depiction of the overall feel and style for your design.
- Floor Plan - scaled floor plan of the room layout, including furniture placement and dimensions.
- 1-2 Initial Furniture Selections - these initial selections will ensure we are on the same page for style and comfort of the pieces
- Following this meeting, we will begin crafting your Detailed Design Plan, perfectly tailored to you!
Sit back and relax while we do all the work on your design! We give careful attention to every space we design, making sure each project is a true reflection of our client.
This process takes one week per room. As soon as your design is ready, you'll receive the Detailed Design Plan with a shopping list and designer recommendations for implementing the design.
We’ll guide you every step of the way. With a scheduled follow-up call one week after your Detailed Design Plan has been delivered, Andrea will address any questions related to your design, purchases and/or execution so you’ll never get stuck in the process. Our partnership throughout the design process will ensure you end up with a perfectly executed design you love.
Simply Design Is the Perfect Fit
For You If:
- You’re not quite ready to jump into full-service design.
- You want your home to function well and bring you comfort & joy.
- You want to work just one or two rooms at a time.
- You want to purchase at your own pace and be your own project manager.
- You have great taste, but need help when it comes to designing a cohesive room that reflects your style.
- You want someone to tell you exactly which items to buy and where to find them. You don’t mind doing the shopping as long as you know what to do.
- You don't have access to elevated interior design services or designers who focus on sustainable, eco-friendly designs in your area.
- You want to work with a professional interior designer but you are not ready to jump into the investment level of full service design.
- You don’t need to move walls, plumbing, or electrical.
- See our Full Service Design option if your project requires construction.
You want to work with us here at East & Gray but you aren't local to Columbus, Ohio. However, this service is ALSO for local clients! We have many local clients book this service.
If any of this sounds like you, let our Simply Design service remove all the guesswork and book your appointment now:
Simply Design Is NOT the Right Fit For You If:
- You are looking for custom design elements such as custom furniture, custom window treatments, millwork, or lighting.
- We provide all custom design selections under our Full Service Design option.
- Your project includes remodeling, such as moving walls, plumbing or electrical.
- See our Full Service Design option if your project requires construction.
- You describe yourself as indecisive. We offer our best Simply Design Plan for the presentation. It does not include multiple options because we only recommend what’s best to save you time and money, and to provide you with the most dynamic design possible.
- You’re a major bargain hunter. We always work within our clients’ budgets, but we don’t spend hours on end searching for the cheapest items. We look for unique, quality pieces that are right for your design, not necessarily the cheapest items.
- You do not like eclectic design that incorporates several design styles.
- You prefer a monochromatic color scheme.
- You do not want to execute the ordering and installation of your project yourself.
- See our Full Service Design option if you want everything executed for you by East & Gray.
- You want to meet with your designer in person and have them make in-home site visits.
This package is perfect for living rooms, family rooms, great rooms, dining rooms, bedrooms (master, kids, or guest), nurseries, home offices and outdoor living spaces.
It can also be used to review architectural/construction plans, select finishes for kitchens and bathrooms, provide guidance on kitchen and/or bathroom layouts, and for consultations on any design roadblock you face!*
*In our Discovery Call we will discuss the details on how this service can be fashioned to fit these kinds of designs.
The number of pieces we can incorporate into your new design will depend upon what pieces those are, and what your style desires are for your new space. When you complete our design homework you will submit photos & measurements of any pieces you would like to have included in your new design, along with inspiration photos for your room(s). We will then discuss & determine with you which pieces we can incorporate.
The steps in our Simply Design process have been carefully developed to ensure project success. The inspiration images are an imperative part of ensuring that we are both on the same page with the design direction. We cannot begin your design until all of your design homework components have been submitted, which includes your inspiration images. Some great resources for starting your inspiration search are Pinterest, Houzz, Magazine/Blog/Article Clippings, Instagram.
When you complete our project questionnaire you let us know your target furnishing budget. These are only targets, not guarantees. They will help inform our selections. After you receive your complete design package, you can then implement all the items as specified, or substitute some items to meet your specific budget. You have complete control of when and what you purchase.
In your Welcome Email we also provide you with a budgeting guide to help you plan the level of furnishings investment you are most comfortable with.
We spend the time at the beginning of the process getting to really know you and your desires and preferences so that we are able to knock your design out of the park upon final delivery! However, we understand that sometimes there may be a piece that just does not resonate with you. If something does not light you up fully you can use the overall design and plan we've created for you to source a piece that better matches your desired preference.
You choose your own timeline, however we strongly recommend that you start purchasing and installing your project as soon as you receive your final design package. Furniture and finishes are subject to change quickly, therefore the availability of them may only be for a certain length of time. We wouldn't want you to lose out on the perfect piece you love because you may have waited too long to purchase and the item is no longer available. Also, fun bonus - the sooner you finish your beautiful new space, the sooner you have it to enjoy and love!
If custom or to-the-trade items fits your needs and budget then you will have the option to purchase products directly from East & Gray Interiors. All products that are to be purchased from a retail vendor will have product links shown on your shopping list in your final design package. You will purchase those items directly from that third-party vendor yourself.
Because this is a limited and quick turnaround service, we can typically design either one complete room, make recommendations to finish off a few rooms, make material selections for one or two spaces, or review your plans. The session itself is flexible, and we'll work to prioritize your spaces if you are looking for help with a few rooms, rather than one complete room.
Book a complimentary 20 minute Discovery Call with us and we will talk through what you are trying to achieve and your design goals, and then help you determine which one of our services will best suit your needs. We'll then take it from there guiding you seamlessly through every step of our proven design getting you to your desired results with clarity, confidence and ease.
We are delighted to work with clients all over the world. However, please keep in mind that we source from vendors and retailers who we know can deliver within the U.S. As a result, we unfortunately cannot guarantee that all products we source can be shipped internationally. For any products we source for your designs that can be delivered globally, the shipping costs may be higher, and there may be customs or foreign transaction fees associated with these purchases. So please make sure to keep all that in mind when budgeting for your project.