Full Service Design
Let us create a thoughful and inspired eco-friendly home that is uniquely you
East & Gray Interiors is a full service residential interior design firm based in Columbus, Ohio. It is our mission to serve clients locally and around the world with a focus on high quality, sustainable design projects. We’re passionate about creating socially-conscious interiors that have a positive impact on the world and better our clients’ lives. By carefully curating unique artifacts and eco-friendly finishes, fabrics, and furniture, we produce homes that tell a beautiful story, invoke a deep sense of connection, and impact the well-being of our clients and the planet.
Our Full Service Design is the perfect solution for those who want to remodel their current home, are planning to build a new home, or are wanting to redesign several rooms at once.
When you partner with East & Gray Interiors, we handle every detail of the design process from beginning to end. As experts in the field, we’ll save you time and keep you from making costly mistakes, all while creating a unique and healthy living environment. Our exclusive design process takes you seamlessly from the beginning of your project to the end, with clarity, confidence, and ease.
In Our Full Service Design:
- Deep Dive Interview to talk through your vision and explore possibilities for your space
- On-site Measurements & Photos so we can create furniture plans and room layouts
- Coordination of Professional Tradesmen so you don’t have to worry about finding your own trades
- Concept Design Presentation to get aligned on the design direction
- Sourcing, Selection, and Proposal of all furniture, fixtures, and materials
- Detailed Design Presentation with samples, swatches, and drawings
- Purchasing & Procurement of all goods
- Order Management and frequent updates so you always know the status
- Coordination and Installation of all furnishings & materials
- Styling and Accessorizing so each room is perfect
- Final Reveal when you see everything together for the first time in all its grand glory
- Detailed Project Manual that includes full project details, product warranties, and information on how to care for your new space
- Seamless Communication & Project Documentation via our private client portal, which can be accessed 24/7
- Weekly Email Updates sent every Friday with status & progress updates
*A two hour Initial Consultation is required for all full service projects to review the project scope, understand your needs and desires, and answer your questions. The consultation fee is $497.
Full Service Design Process
Schedule your 20 minute complimentary Design Discovery Call, where we will discuss your project, budget, and get to know each other better.
Following our call, we’ll send your service agreement and invoice for our design fee. Once we receive your payment, you’ll receive your Welcome Guide along with your Design Homework. Design Homework includes:
- Completing your design project questionnaire
- Measuring your room(s) and any existing pieces you want to include in the design, using our Room Measuring Guide
- Sending us inspiration images for your space(s)
- Sending us photos of the space we will be designing
Your Welcome Email will also include a link to schedule your Project Launch Meeting where you and Andrea will meet in person or via Zoom, depending on your location and preference.
You will meet with Andrea in person or via Zoom on the scheduled day and time of your Project Launch Meeting. We will talk in depth about your project and completed design homework. Andrea will also present your design concept which includes:
- Moodboard - depiction of the overall feel and style for your design.
- Floor Plan - scaled floor plan of the room layout, including furniture placement and dimensions.
- 1-2 Initial Furniture Selections - these initial selections will ensure we are on the same page for style and comfort of the pieces
- Following this meeting, we will begin crafting your Detailed Design Plan, perfectly tailored to you!
Sit back and relax while we do all the work on your design! We give careful attention to every space we design, making sure each project is a true reflection of our client.
This process takes one week per room. As soon as your design is ready, you'll receive the Detailed Design Plan with a shopping list and designer recommendations for implementing the design.
We’ll guide you every step of the way. With a scheduled follow-up call one week after your Detailed Design Plan has been delivered, Andrea will address any questions related to your design, purchases and/or execution so you’ll never get stuck in the process. Our partnership throughout the design process will ensure you end up with a perfectly executed design you love.
Full Service Design Is The Perfect Fit for you If:
- You’re not quite ready to jump into full-service design.
- You want your home to function well and bring you comfort & joy.
- You want to work just one or two rooms at a time.
- You want to purchase at your own pace and be your own project manager.
- You have great taste, but need help when it comes to designing a cohesive room that reflects your style.
- You want someone to tell you exactly which items to buy and where to find them. You don’t mind doing the shopping as long as you know what to do.
- You don't have access to elevated interior design services or designers who focus on sustainable, eco-friendly designs in your area.
- You want to work with a professional interior designer but you are not ready to jump into the investment level of full service design.
- You don’t need to move walls, plumbing, or electrical.
- See our Full Service Design option if your project requires construction.
You want to work with us here at East & Gray but you aren't local to Columbus, Ohio. However, this service is ALSO for local clients! We have many local clients book this service.
If any of this sounds like you, let our Simply Design service remove all the guesswork and book your appointment now:
This package is perfect for living rooms, family rooms, great rooms, dining rooms, bedrooms (master, kids, or guest), nurseries, home offices and outdoor living spaces.
It can also be used to review architectural/construction plans, select finishes for kitchens and bathrooms, provide guidance on kitchen and/or bathroom layouts, and for consultations on any design roadblock you face!*
*In our Discovery Call we will discuss the details on how this service can be fashioned to fit these kinds of designs.
The number of pieces we can incorporate into your new design will depend upon what pieces those are, and what your style desires are for your new space. When you complete our design homework you will submit photos & measurements of any pieces you would like to have included in your new design, along with inspiration photos for your room(s). We will then discuss & determine with you which pieces we can incorporate.
The steps in our Simply Design process have been carefully developed to ensure project success. The inspiration images are an imperative part of ensuring that we are both on the same page with the design direction. We cannot begin your design until all of your design homework components have been submitted, which includes your inspiration images. Some great resources for starting your inspiration search are Pinterest, Houzz, Magazine/Blog/Article Clippings, Instagram.
When you complete our project questionnaire you let us know your target furnishing budget. These are only targets, not guarantees. They will help inform our selections. After you receive your complete design package, you can then implement all the items as specified, or substitute some items to meet your specific budget. You have complete control of when and what you purchase.
In your Welcome Email we also provide you with a budgeting guide to help you plan the level of furnishings investment you are most comfortable with.
We spend the time at the beginning of the process getting to really know you and your desires and preferences so that we are able to knock your design out of the park upon final delivery! However, we understand that sometimes there may be a piece that just does not resonate with you. If something does not light you up fully you can use the overall design and plan we've created for you to source a piece that better matches your desired preference.
You choose your own timeline, however we strongly recommend that you start purchasing and installing your project as soon as you receive your final design package. Furniture and finishes are subject to change quickly, therefore the availability of them may only be for a certain length of time. We wouldn't want you to lose out on the perfect piece you love because you may have waited too long to purchase and the item is no longer available. Also, fun bonus - the sooner you finish your beautiful new space, the sooner you have it to enjoy and love!
If custom or to-the-trade items fits your needs and budget then you will have the option to purchase products directly from East & Gray Interiors. All products that are to be purchased from a retail vendor will have product links shown on your shopping list in your final design package. You will purchase those items directly from that third-party vendor yourself.
Because this is a limited and quick turnaround service, we can typically design either one complete room, make recommendations to finish off a few rooms, make material selections for one or two spaces, or review your plans. The session itself is flexible, and we'll work to prioritize your spaces if you are looking for help with a few rooms, rather than one complete room.
Book a complimentary 20 minute Discovery Call with us and we will talk through what you are trying to achieve and your design goals, and then help you determine which one of our services will best suit your needs. We'll then take it from there guiding you seamlessly through every step of our proven design getting you to your desired results with clarity, confidence and ease.
We are delighted to work with clients all over the world. However, please keep in mind that we source from vendors and retailers who we know can deliver within the U.S. As a result, we unfortunately cannot guarantee that all products we source can be shipped internationally. For any products we source for your designs that can be delivered globally, the shipping costs may be higher, and there may be customs or foreign transaction fees associated with these purchases. So please make sure to keep all that in mind when budgeting for your project.