Book Your Complimentary Call to Discuss Your Project
Thank you for your interest in working with East & Gray Interiors. We’re excited to hear from you, and can't wait to learn all about your project!
To get started, click the button below to schedule your complimentary 20 minute Discovery Call with Andrea. Let us help you create a home that allows you to live more functionally and more beautifully.
Monday - Friday: 10:00am - 5:00pm
All Meetings are Scheduled By Appointment Only.
Full Service Design
- Full-service interior design
- Additions and renovations consulting
- New-construction consulting
- Project management
- Kitchen and bathroom design
- Furniture and accessories
- Space planning
- Custom cabinetry
- Fabrics and upholstery
- Floor coverings and rug design
- Wall coverings
- Window treatments
- Lighting design & layout
- Countertops & stone
- Sustainable design
- A network of contractors, electricians, plumbers, drapery treatment fabricators, painters, wallpaper installers, tile installers, custom glass crafters, movers, wood finishers, cabinet makers, lighting experts, stone fabricators, architects, landscape architects, upholsterers, bedding and pillow fabricators and much, much more.
Full-service interior design consists of three major phases:
- Conceptual Design
- Detailed Design
- Purchasing and Execution
Our full-service approach allows us to manage projects from initial concept through to completion, designing your home down to the final detail. It is our job to take care of every single major and minute design detail that turns a house into a home.
The Conceptual Design Phase takes approximately 6-8 weeks and includes the following design services:
- We assess the current project space, take measurements and photos, and document any items that will be staying.
- Design the ideal floor plan to ensure the best possible layout for the project.
- Create inspiration board(s) to communicate what we envision for the project.
- Determine initial selections to confirm the design direction.
- Create a furnishings investment estimate to capture the elements that will be needed to make the project a reality, from furnishings to trades.
- Conduct “Trade Day” at your home. This is where we consult with our trades and vendors on site to review the project concepts and take detailed measurements in order to receive accurate quotes. (It is imperative to be on site with the vendors to discuss obstacles and options at the outset).
Conceptual Design includes the following:
- Floor plan(s)
- Inspiration board(s)
- Limited Initial selections
- Updated furnishings investment estimate for approval
- During this phase, we will confirm the design direction, layout, and furnishings investment estimate of the project, with one revision offered. The one allowed revision will add time onto this phase depending on the scale of the revision.
The Detailed Design Phase takes approximately 8 weeks, and consists of the following design services:
- Selection of each item according to design direction, furnishings investment estimate, and floor plan(s)
- Procurement of written quotes from all trades and vendors
- Completion of selections in accordance with approved inspiration boards and initial selections
- Finalizing the approved floor plan(s) with actual selections
- Drawing relevant elevations of the space
- Completing any custom piece drawings as needed
- Presentation preparation to communicate the design
- Confirming the actual numbers against the approved furnishings investment estimate
Detailed Design includes the following:
- Inspiration board(s)
- Floor plan(s), elevation(s), and relevant custom drawings
- Proposal of each item for your approval, with all details to confirm orders and the coordinating samples
- Furnishings investment estimate updated with actual costs
The Purchasing and Execution Phase is time dependent on the scope of the project and the contractor’s schedule.
Purchasing and Implementation Phase Includes:
- Placing orders & assessing delivery times
- Complete the purchasing of goods on your behalf
- Clarify and communicate estimated delivery times
- Manage open orders by efficiently tracking goods
- Prepare the construction & installation timeline
- Oversee the construction and installation timeline
- Coordinate project logistics with contractors and vendors
- Provide site checks for project accuracy
- Coordinate deliveries and installations
- On site presence during deliveries and installations, where applicable
Furniture Installation and Styling
- Provide turnkey furniture installation, which means that all of the furnishings are delivered at one time, once any construction is complete
- Plan and execute the styling process
- Style and photograph the completed project, where applicable
- Provide documentation that supports the care and maintenance of your newly completed project
- Identify any deficiencies that we’ve noted during installation in the format of a project punch list
- Present the styling price list for each item installed, where applicable
- Confirm what you want to keep or return from the styling price list, where applicable
- Pick up and return any items identified to be returned, where applicable
Identify & Resolve Deficiencies
- Identify and resolve all deficiencies identified on the project punch list
The Conceptual Design Phase typically takes approximately 6-8 weeks and the Detailed Design Phase takes approximately 8 weeks. The Purchasing and Execution Phase is time dependent on the scope of the work and the contractor’s schedule.
As every project is different, Andrea will meet with you and assess the scope of work, then determine the design fee accordingly. Full-service interior design is a flat design fee per project.
Schedule your complimentary 30 minute Discovery Call above by clicking on the "Full Service Design" button. Our Founder and Principal Designer, Andrea Durcik, will talk through your project with you and answer any questions you have, ultimately helping you determine if our Full Service Design offering is right for you.
You can also schedule a 2-hour Virtual Consultation if you prefer to talk through specific design elements and receive targeted design advice and recommendations during the call.
This package is perfect for living rooms, family rooms, great rooms, dining rooms, bedrooms (master, kids, or guest), nurseries, home offices and outdoor living spaces.
It can also be used to review architectural/construction plans, select finishes for kitchens and bathrooms, provide guidance on kitchen and/or bathroom layouts, and for consultations on any design roadblock you face!*
*In our Discovery Call we will discuss the details on how this service can be fashioned to fit these kinds of designs.
The number of pieces we can incorporate into your new design will depend upon what pieces those are, and what your style desires are for your new space. When you complete our design homework you will submit photos & measurements of any pieces you would like to have included in your new design, along with inspiration photos for your room(s). We will then discuss & determine with you which pieces we can incorporate.
The steps in our Simply Design process have been carefully developed to ensure project success. The inspiration images are an imperative part of ensuring that we are both on the same page with the design direction. We cannot begin your design until all of your design homework components have been submitted, which includes your inspiration images. Some great resources for starting your inspiration search are Pinterest, Houzz, Magazine/Blog/Article Clippings, Instagram.
When you complete our project questionnaire you let us know your target furnishing budget. These are only targets, not guarantees. They will help inform our selections. After you receive your complete design package, you can then implement all the items as specified, or substitute some items to meet your specific budget. You have complete control of when and what you purchase.
In your Welcome Email we also provide you with a budgeting guide to help you plan the level of furnishings investment you are most comfortable with.
If custom or to-the-trade items fits your needs and budget then you will have the option to purchase products directly from East & Gray Interiors. All products that are to be purchased from a retail vendor will have product links shown on your shopping list in your final design package. You will purchase those items directly from that third-party vendor yourself.
We spend the time at the beginning of the process getting to really know you and your desires and preferences so that we are able to knock your design out of the park upon final delivery! However, we understand that sometimes there may be a piece that just does not resonate with you. If something does not light you up fully you can use the overall design and plan we've created for you to source a piece that better matches your desired preference.
You choose your own timeline, however we strongly recommend that you start purchasing and installing your project as soon as you receive your final design package. Furniture and finishes are subject to change quickly, therefore the availability of them may only be for a certain length of time. We wouldn't want you to lose out on the perfect piece you love because you may have waited too long to purchase and the item is no longer available. Also, fun bonus - the sooner you finish your beautiful new space, the sooner you have it to enjoy and love!
This service is typically used for designing complete rooms. However, if you need help with finishing touches book a complimentary 20 minute Discovery Call with us and we will explore if there is a way for us to still work together to help you complete your room/home.
Book a complimentary 20 minute Discovery Call with us and we will talk through what you are trying to achieve and your design goals, and then help you determine which one of our services will best suit your needs. We'll then take it from there guiding you seamlessly through every step of our proven design getting you to your desired results with clarity, confidence and ease.
We are delighted to work with clients all over the world. However, please keep in mind that we source from vendors and retailers who we know can deliver within the U.S. As a result, we unfortunately cannot guarantee that all products we source can be shipped internationally. For any products we source for your designs that can be delivered globally, the shipping costs may be higher, and there may be customs or foreign transaction fees associated with these purchases. So please make sure to keep all that in mind when budgeting for your project.