You have a story to tell
And it’s unlike anyone else's
- You long for adventure, for being present, for feeling connected.
- You believe a better world starts at home, and know the importance of being intentional with your choices.
- You want your home to reflect your unique tastes and experiences, but are lost in the sea of options.
THE EAST & GRAY APPROACH
We are an interior design firm that prioritizes your distinctive style, the rich history of your life, and making responsible, eco-friendly design choices that reflect your investment and have a positive impact on the world. We guide our clients in making smart and sustainable selections for their homes, while managing all the details so they can focus on doing what they love.
I am an interior designer, world traveler, animal lover, and conservationist. I help my clients tell their life story through beautiful, eco-friendly design.
Great stories often emerge from the most unexpected places. Mine began in the rainforests and grasslands of the Eastern Hemisphere when I was a primate conservationist in Africa. With a drive to experience other worlds and a passion for studying and protecting animals, my first career opened my eyes to the impact humans have on the environment and the ripple effect of our choices.
After 5 years of doing this good-for-the-soul work, I became ill and had to return to the United States, unable to continue my work in Africa for the sake of my health.
Back in my hometown of Ohio I decided to pursue my other passion and talent–interior design. I began working with an interior designer as her design assistant and business manager. Seeing the business from the inside opened my eyes to the sad reality that is common in the design world. Over consumption, terrible production processes, and the exploitation of natural resources across the globe dominate the industry. With an abundance of access to incredible resources and my background in research, I made it my goal to take a different path. One that today lets me show my clients how they can make a smaller impact on the earth, while still making a big impact on their lives through healthy material choices and beautiful design. In 2015 I took a huge leap and founded East & Gray Interiors (with my rescue cat, Gray, as the company namesake and muse).
Through East & Gray Interiors I have found the perfect intersection of nature and design. Traveling the world, spending time with animals, and seeking out hidden design treasures allows me to bring my clients the most diverse, exciting, and tailor-made designs. Through conversation, careful listening, and mutual planning, I am committed to bringing your story to life through eco-friendly design, perfectly curated selections, worldly influences, and intentional cohesive arrangements.
- You should always be surrounded by things you love that have deep meaning.
- When we select fewer products and buy from eco-friendly sources, we can achieve high quality designs that reduce our negative footprint on the world and create a healthy living environment at home.
- Your environment directly impacts your emotional well being and productivity. You deserve an inspired space that rejuvenates you so you can show up in the world as the best version of yourself every day.